Sunday, March 29, 2015
1. Hold the hooch, pass the Joe: a new report by the World Cancer Research Fund International claims that drinking 3 or more alcoholic beverages a day is a cause of liver cancer, but drinking 1 or more cups of coffee a day decreases the risk of liver cancer .
2. "Black Dandy" documentary.
3. '"Our audience expects to be wowed,” said David Kiser, Ringling Bros. director of talent. “No longer is it good enough to just drop your pants and focus on boxer shorts."'
4. China restricts political speech at Confucius Institutes established abroad. (What would Confucius say? Consider Analects 2.3: 'The Master said: "If you govern the people legalistically and control them by punishment, they will avoid crime, but have no personal sense of shame. If you govern them by means of virtue and control them with propriety, they will gain their own sense of shame, and thus correct themselves."')
5. How Singapore became one of the richest places on earth.