Tuesday, May 26, 2015
1. Madonna cosplays Danaerys Targaryen from TV's "Game of Thrones."
2. Bottled beer discovered in a shipwreck off the coast of Finland is now bottled commercially as "Historic Beer 1843." (Not yet available in the United States.)
3. Skeptics and believers in A.I. risk agree: A.I. poses a nontrivial risk to human civilization and we should start preparing now.
4. Inter-species predator warning systems.
5. GM's 1956 vision of driverless cars. (Hokey but cool.)
6. Oil tycoon Harold Hamm tried to get researchers fired from a state university for their research linking earthquakes to hydraulic fracturing.