Tuesday, June 02, 2015
1. New series of films set in the Harry Potter universe.
2. The poetry of jihad.
3. Surreal mural of St. George to be painted over.
4. Against the view that education is an important driver of growth: "What a society knows how to do is known mainly in its firms, not in its schools."
5. Ten African "super foods."
6. Anthony Howe's otherworldly kinetic sculptures. (Tip of the hat to artist Mary Dunkin.)
7. A journalist and a scientist deliberately create a flawed nutrition study about chocolate, to make a point about scientific method and scientific illiteracy of the media and regular folks. (And Scott Alexander points out three errors being made in how this study is being reported.)
8. A black former police officer talks about race and policing.
9. Utah's "housing first" program to fight chronic homelessness.