Lello Bookstore in Porto, Portugal (see #4)
1. A philosopher talks "dirty tricks" for presentations of academic papers--really, an extended commentary on the culture surrounding colloquia or seminars in philosophy.
2. The intersection of the set of blog posts about the podcast "Econtalk" and the set of blog posts about tabletop RPG's is no longer empty.
3. More gut-wrenching insights from Slate Star Codex regarding political ideology, SJW / anti-SJW, in-group / out-group bias, etc. Required reading for all humans.
4. In praise of Porto, Portugal.
5. The surprisingly fascinating story of how discarded clothes from the West are recast and recycled in India.
6. Philosophers' break up letters.
7. Why did Europe conquer the world? The title of a new book by economic historian Philip T. Hoffman.
8. A world without work.
9. How lighting the city streets at night transformed London's nightlife and led to the development of a new form of literature (the nocturnal picaresque).