Monday, July 06, 2015
2. Informative review of recent editions of Tales of the Brothers Grimm--effectively, a mini-course in folklore studies.
3. A brief history of the use of lithium to treat mental illness, interwoven with the author's personal history with (and without) the drug.
4. Tolkien, Lewis, and friends--the story of the Inklings.
5. Why did hunter-gatherers and nomads settle down and start practicing agriculture multiple times in human history, given that it led to lower average height and more toil?
6. New York Times profile of Bernie Sanders.