Saturday, July 18, 2015
1. A competitive sword fighter born in New Zealand goes by the name of Samantha Swords. She has a tumbler page.
2. Famed record producer Kim Foley publicly raped Runaways bass guitarist Jackie Fuchs and was never held accountable. Long-form investigative journalism at (surprise) the Huffington Post.
3. The one-year shopping ban. How to live more with less.
4. A cat video for gamers and fantasy fans: The official video for Mastodon's "Asleep in the Deep."
5. The BBC has produced a series of animated video shorts about the history of ideas, which includes pieces on famous philosophers such as Sartre, Hobbes, and Descartes.
6. Fallacy Ref: A series of memes perfect for all informal fallacy-related situations.
7. Harvard Business School graduate Ren Lu You will pay $10,000 to the person who can hook him up with a steady girlfriend.
8. Trailer for "Bartkira": the Simpsons/Akira mash-up we've all been waiting for.
9. Things that go better together: Donald Trump and Philip Glass.
10. A recent study shows that drones do decrease terror attacks. (Via slatestarcodex.com.)
11. The making of Sylvan Esso's song "Coffee."
12. Is Nana really burning in Hell right now?