2. Nick Bostrom's Google talk on superintelligence and A.I. risk. Bonus: the first question in the Q & A period is by none other than Singularity guru Ray Kurzweil.
3. Honeybee colony collapse disorder update: beekeeping is also an endangered profession, but the slack is being taken up by hobbyists.
4. Tyler Cowen blog post in which he argues that economists are biased--in support of many federal regulations (just like the ignorant laypeople, yourself included, Mack). And also: a recent study claims that women like free trade less than men.
5. Rethinking the skeptical movement. Food for thought from NeuroLogica's Stephen Novella.
6. A new ethics blog from the department of philosophy at the University of Colorado, Boulder. (This department is justly famous within the philosophy profession for RoME, their annual Rocky Mountain Ethics Conference.)
7. New findings related to the lost colony of Roanoke.