1. Delaying kindergarten by one year reduced students' inattention and hyperactivity.
2. Psychologist Jonathan Haidt argues that being ethical usually pays--whether for individuals, firms, or nations.
3. The serious antics of Vermin Supreme: "When I'm president, everyone gets a free pony."
4. 25 great (?) Conan the Barbarian quotes.
5. Tyler Cowen argues that most religious people believe things even more absurd than Ben Carson's claim that the Egyptian pyramids were built to store grain.
6. Amazon is opening a bricks and mortar retail store in Seattle.
7. Why don't people see the yeti anymore?
8. The fires of Indonesia.
9. The "horrors" of China's one-child per family policy will leave a lasting impact on Chinese society. And an economist explains the steep costs of the one-child per family policy and how the new two-child per family policy is too little, too late.
10. BoJack Horseman has ingenuity and genuine pathos aplenty, despite its pervasive cynicism and scathing wit.
11. The Guardian investigates widespread illegal detentions by police in Chicago.