Friday, December 18, 2015
1. A website devoted to old book illustrations.
2. Justin Wolfers on political signalling.
3. A professor who teaches a course on the culture of conspiracy theories is fired for advocating a conspiracy theory about the Sandy Hook shooting. Via NeuroLogica.
4. Regression to the mean, not the placebo effect, is the main reason ineffective treatments appear to work. Via Slate Star Codex.
5. R-squared doesn't mean what you think it means. Also via Slate Star Codex.
6. Scientific studies which say the opposite of what they're widely purported to say. Again via Slate Star Codex. . .
7. Roland Fryer's presentation on racial inequality and education. Via Marginal Revolution.
8. How much of liberals' and leftists' overrepresentation in academic explained by the correlation between high intelligence and liberal and leftist views? Also via Marginal Revolution. . .