2. A rainbow of wars that might have been: the United States' color-coded war plans.
3. The continuing relevance of Jose Ortega y Gasset's "The Revolt of the Masses."
4. Pun tattoo.
5. From 2014, but still news to most: The New York Public Library's 20,000 maps digitized.
6. Innovation and competition in today's China.
7. Tyler Cowen's conversation with Nate Silver.
8. From the department of uh-oh, environmental health edition: Drought threatens eastern forests in the United States (not just western forests).
9. In South Carolina, the least educated voted for Trump, most educated for Kasich.
10. John Haldane on virtue, happiness, and the meaning of life.
11. All too human: loving a baby dolphin to death.
12. Why the Oscars keep disqualifying Inarritu's films from the best original score competition.