1. Review of Katy Butler's Knocking on Heaven's Door: The Path to a Better Way of Death.
2. "Noise is the supreme archenemy of all serious thinkers."
3. A thoughtful critique of Reza Aslan's Zealot.
4. Philosophy has a sexual harassment problem.
5. Review of Kill Anything that Moves: The Real American War in Vietnam.
6. Sarah Stillman's stunning piece in The New Yorker on the injustices of civil asset forfeiture.
7. National Geographic profile of amaranth.
8. Progress towards explaining near death experiences.
9. Apps for pets.
10. Never give up!