1. Noah Smith explains why neither the New Keynesian model nor Real Business Cycle theory can explain Japan's economic situation.
2. The Zimmerman case as one of overreaction and misinterpretation.
3. The reconsolidation theory of memory: memories are remade when they are recalled.
4. Barriers to increasing quinoa production.
5. U.S. STEM graduate programs depend for their existence on foreign students.
6. Republicans and the farm bill: "it doesn't count as spending as long as it redistributes upwards."
7. Henry James was not anti-immigrant.
8. Peak water (peak agriculture)? And this.
9. The "living rock".
10. Lou Reed reviews Kanye West's "Yeezus".
11. The problem with clutter.
12. Against multitasking.
13. Scientist Carl Hart on myths about drugs.
14. "I find it hard to talk about what I love. Yet dislike summons an instant legion of words and sets them to work."